Friday, April 30, 2010

Continuation/Wrap Up


So a continuation on the last post…
We were talking about how musicians are looked down upon by giving in to sponsorships and advertising. I’m a football guy so of course I was watching the NFL Draft last week. I noticed that before the draft even took place, they had college athletes (soon to be former college athletes) in Under Armor commercials and in ads for shoes. These commercials were made and played before these players were even drafted, before they inked their contract, and before they even stepped on a professional football field. Teams, companies, and advertisers do not think twice about offering a college player $50 million fresh out of college. These kids are the same age as us making more in one year than I’ll probably see in my lifetime. And we’re criticizing the musicians? If they’re marketable that is not their fault. Let them make their money.

Here is the video i was talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oulAaW4OjDY

So the year has finally come to a close and marketing is done. I think the thing I will take away from this class the most, is how people view and react to a company; whether it be their product or advertisements or anything else. All year we have be talking about how we respond to certain brands, certain videos, or certain products. By being knowledgeable on the subject of marketing, I will be able to react to certain situations. I will be equipped with the knowledge on how to improve/maintain an effective marketing strategy. To me, that seems to be the most important thing for my future.


What did you take away from this class that will help you in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment