Friday, April 30, 2010

Response to Jackie Cook's Post..


“ If you are just as shocked as me, read the article. There really are people like this out there that do take brand loyalty this seriously. What do you think? Do you know someone with a brand logo tattoo? Would you, yourself ever consider getting one?”


I am surprised but I can’t say I’m shocked. Not going to lie, I know people who have brand tattoos. I have friend who has the Harley Davidson tattoo very similar to the picture Jackie posted in her blog. I can’t say I would ever get one on my body, but different tattoos have different meanings to different people; I can’t pass judgment. I do agree with the article when it states that people do it for different psychological reasons. I think it does make people feel like they are in a specific group. It makes them feel elite, like they are part of a community and that is their identification. I also think people do it because they have a strong loyalty to that brand.

Every person who has a tattoo had different reasons for getting that specific, permanent ink done; myself included. Some people get words and, I guess, some people get brands. I would love to ask the people with brand tattoos how they feel about it now; if there is any remorse a month, 6 months, a year, or 3 years after it’s on the body. I’d be interested in the response.


How do you feel about this article? Would you ever get a brand tattoo? Is this brand loyalty at the maximum?

No comments:

Post a Comment