Friday, April 9, 2010

Response to Sarah Hall's Post on Buying Process..

“Have you experienced all of these steps before? Have you had any cognitive dissonance? If so what was it and what did you do, did you keep the product, give it to a friend, or return it?”

I think I pretty much speak for everyone when I make the statement that everyone has suffered from cognitive dissonance at one point or another. The last purchase that I made that I had cognitive dissonance about was…a pea coat about a year and a half ago. I usually think things through before I buy anything. If I want something bad enough or I need it bad enough, I’ll get it and won’t think twice. But for some reason, I decided I wanted a pea coat. I found a cheap one, and emphasize on the word cheap, online and decided to buy. I got it in and didn’t think much of it until the first couple weeks into winter. I beat it up pretty good and then all of a sudden, the pilling of the wool began. Then the buttons started to get loose. I realized at that point that I probably should have ordered one through my family and spent the money to get the right quality. I ended up ordering another one, paid the extra money, and now I’m happier with the second one. I kept the other one but only wear it when I know it’ll get beat up. I learned my lesson, spend the extra money. Or examine the product before I buy it. I won’t make that mistake again.

This is the shortest post ever but I’ll turn the question on you: have you experienced all the steps before? Have you had any cognitive dissonance? If so, what was it and what did you do: did you keep the product, give it to a friend, or return it?

No comments:

Post a Comment